Angela Walker - Advanced Pole Fitness Instructor
Learn to Pole Dance - Pole Dance Fitness Classes at Haywards Heath
9. Who or what motivates you?
My children, my family and my friends motivate me. Growing up everybody else wanted to be a nurse or a doctor but I just wanted to be happy and to be a Mum,sure I had a few careers in mind but this was the one thing I felt that I had to do.
I have a beautiful daughter, she mature, intelligent, and a great help to me - I’d be lost without her!
My son is autistic, he has always liked to spin and exercise as a coping mechanism, he spins with his arms out in circles when he is stressed or overwhelmed, since having a pole at home he can’t leave it alone! It seems to have done wonders for him. He is very sensory led, and loves the feeling of the air rushing through his fingers and past his body which is why spinning is so good for him. I’ve never encouraged or discouraged him, I like to allow him to do what he feels he needs to do in a safe environment, he is always asking ‘can I go on your pole’ and ‘when I’m big can I come to pole with you’ and often shouts out with excitement ‘come and see my new move, can you do this one!!’ as he hurtles himself into another spin!
1. How did you get into pole?
I got into pole whilst out with a friends in a club,we were messing around on a dance pole and thought it would be fun to look for some lessons and learn it properly, the pub quiz we did every wednesday was on its final week and we needed something new to do, I saw an advert for pole passion classes, we signed up and after the first lesson we were hooked!
2. Why pole and not the gym?
I love pole so much because there are no limits, anything is possible, it makes me feel confident, it’s fun, it works your entire body, what’s not to love? I’ve never been into exercise but the energy and adrenaline you feel from nailing a new move, is immense.
3. What’s your favourite move?
My favourite moves are Brass Monkey and Handspring at the moment, there are so many I’m yet to learn so this is sure to change!
4. When did you get into pole?
My first ever pole lesson was on Wednesday the 11th June 2014
5. Sexy or Fitness or both? I would say sexy and fitness are both part of it but I am not a sexy person or even very girly so for me it’s FUN, it’s believing in yourself and knowing there are no limits except for the ones you set yourself and poling makes me feel good.
6. What are your favourite spins? My favourite spins are theneedle and thread spin and side spin both leave you on your side so I guess I just like being in airborne!
7. What’s your least favourite move? least favourite move Hmmm.. I don’t know that I have one, but I’m quite new to this so maybe I will develop one in time!
10. Anything else? I am a single mum, I work full time so life is pretty full on most of the time but I’ve never been one to just sit around and let life pass me by,I do enjoy being busy, which is a good thing as one of my other obsessions is chocolate, coffee creams and cadburys creme eggs being my favourite ever chocolates!!
My life hasn’t always been rosy, in fact quite the opposite I’ve had some really awful times but I’ve come through them and can honestly say I'm the happiest I've ever been,at the end of the day if I’m happy and my children are happy to me really that's all that matters in life.
Pole Passion Instructors are friendly, passionate, approachable and fully qualified to advanced teacher training standards and receive ongoing instructor training and support to keep class content fresh and safe.
Instructors are fully insured to teach pole fitness and first aid trained.
Call or text 07921 948 606 now to book your place. Beginners welcome to start at any time.